The first meeting of the Board of Directors of Bhubaneswar Smart City Ltd (BSCL) was held under the Chairmanship of Development Commissioner-cum-Additional Chief Secretary at the Secretariat .
The Board discussed in details various points related to the statutory provisions, operational issues and execution plan for the Smart City project.
The following points were discussed during the meeting:
1. There shall be a committee on information technology (IT) and Technology headed by Principal Secretary, IT Department.
2. There shall be a committee on Urban Infrastructure and Utilities headed by Secretary, Housing and Urban Development (H&UD) Department.
3. Executive Committee headed by Managing Director of BSCL (Vice-Chairman, BDA) has been formed for managing the affairs of the company on a regular basis.
4. The Board has decided to engage a Programme Management Consultancy for Technology and another such Programme Management Consultancy for Engineering/Infrastructure. The Board has also directed the Committees to prepare the Request for Proposals (RFPs) in this regard.
5. The Chairman of the Board R. Balakrishnan directed that all the departments concerned of the State Government will notify a nodal person as single point of contact (SPOC) for the Smart City project to facilitate decision making.
The ACS also informed the Board that the State Government accords highest priority for the timely and successful implementation of the Smart City project.