To provide better health and lifestyle practices, the Bhubaneswar Development Authority (BDA) has now got facilities of Open Air Gym at 15 parks across the city.
The development authority had introduced the Open Air Gym concept in the city to instil the daily exercising plan in everybody’s lifestyle as most of the citizens were not active physically, but after the spread of this concept there has been a dramatic rise in the footfall in the park and people from all walks of life are using the equipment and stay healthy.
“The open-air gyms in parks became a big hit because they provide an opportunity to all age groups to work out without paying any money. Working out in an open area adds to the experience,” said mayor Ananta Narayan Jena.
The facility at these parks include fitness equipment such as air walker, sit-up bench, air swing, twister, set back or glider, push and pull up chairs, knee or hip raise on parallel bars, big shoulder wheel, bench with fixed dumbbells, bench with fixed weights to lift and poles with fixed weights.
OPEN AIR GYMS IN BDA PARKS
1. Madhusudan Park Pokhariput
2. Buddha Jayanti Park, Niladri Vihar
3. Kharvel Nagar Park, Unit III
4. Kharavel Park, Khandagiri
5. Kalpana Park, Kalpana Area
6. Harekrushna Mahatab Park, BJB College Arts Block
7. Dumuduma Phase III Park
8. Biju Patnaik Park, Forest Park Area
9. Indira Gandhi Park
10. Kelucharan Park, Gadakana
11. Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Park, Satsang Vihar
12. Judhisthira Das Park, N-3, IRC Village
13. Gopabandhu Nagar Park, Unit VIII
14. Dharma Vihar Park, Jagamara
15. Sailashree Vihar Phase VII Park, Sailashree Vihar